When you purchase a ticket, your place is guaranteed for a specific tour, and therefore we have a no refund policy. Understanding that sometimes something may unexpectedly come up, we can offer a rescheduling with 72 hours advance notice. The tour must be rescheduled within 30 days of the original date. Less than 72 hours notice, unfortunately, we can not reschedule your tour.
The tickets are transferable, so if you are not able to make the tour, you can give them to someone else.
Guide Service of Boston, Inc. which operates the foodtoursboston.com website and online store, is the owner of the information collected on this site. We currently collect information from website visitors only on our order form. To purchase from us, a customer must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (credit card number for example). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer’s orders.
We use standard web server log files which record visitor information such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, referrer, pages visited. This information is used to administer the site and analyze trends. There is no personally identifiable information involved.
We use “invisible pictures” as part of our statistics program to better determine what visitors like or don’t like about our site. No personally identifiable information is recorded as a part of this process.
Customer Email Address
Customers will receive an invoice copy sent to the email address provided as part of the ordering process. Email addresses are required in order to purchase from this site. We may collect customer email addresses and use them in sending promotional emails. However, we will never knowingly or willingly sell or give your email address to other companies or individuals.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site.
Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable)
We store aggregate data in compiling traffic statistics from our website. Such data (for example, the number of visitors) is by its nature not personally identifiable. We may occasionally provide such non-personally identifiable data to others.
We may from time to time send promotional email communications. Such are done in compliance with the Federal CAN SPAM regulation which governs these. If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications you can opt-out of receiving them by emailing us at [email protected]. You can also contact us at 781-239-9920.
Please be aware that we, Yummy Walks, are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites which may be linked to ours. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
This Web site takes every precaution to protect our visitors’ information. When visitors submit sensitive information via the Web site, their information is protected both online and off-line.
When you are asked to enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers), that information is encrypted while being transmitted, using the industry standard “SSL” method. You can tell that you are on a secure page by the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Internet Explorer. To learn more, click: http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Internet/2005/ssl.asp.
We also do everything we can to protect your information off-line. It is both encrypted and password protected on our server. We do not store credit card information there longer than necessary to process your order. Any server that stores personally identifiable information is in a fully secured facility.
All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (such as a bookkeeper) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
If you have any questions about our security, please email us at [email protected].
Notification of Changes
Terms for Gift Certificates
Gift Certificates are Non-Refundable. Gift Certificates are valid for 7 years from date of purchase. Reservations required. Please call 781-239-9920 for reservations and availability.
71 Prince St. Suite 15
Boston, MA 02113
By purchasing tickets for and/or participating in the food tasting and cultural walking tours offered by Yummy Walks, and in consideration of being allowed to purchase said tickets, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, said purchaser/tour participant understands, acknowledges represents, warrants and agrees as follows, with the knowledge that Yummy Walks will rely on same:
1. Participant desires to participate in the food tasting and cultural walking tours offered by Yummy Walks.
2. Participant is in good health and suffers from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make participant especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activity contemplated by this Waiver and Release of Claims.
3. Participant fully comprehends and accepts all of the risks associated with his/her participation in the Tours including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, injuries (e.g., without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians and the like) and death.
4. PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS IS AT PARTICIPANT’S OWN SOLE RISK. PARTICIPANT, ON BEHALF OF HIS/HERSELF AND/OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ACTING THROUGH OR ON BEHALF OF PARTICIPANT, HEREBY FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASES THE COMPANY, AND ANY AFFILIATED ENTITIES, PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, PRESENT AND FORMER EMPLOYEES, OWNERS, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, CONTRACTORS, INSURERS, SHAREHOLDERS AND DIRECTORS OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATION (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM, PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, AND LIABILITIES FOR DEATH, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PARTICIPANT, TO ANY ONE ELSE, OR TO ANY PROPERTY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT SUCH INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE WAS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL CONDUCT OF THE COMPANY OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. PARTICIPANT, ON BEHALF OF HIS/HERSELF AND/OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ACTING THROUGH OR ON BEHALF OF PARTICIPANT, FURTHER AGREES TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND TO HOLD THE RELEASED PARTIES HARMLESS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEY’S FEES) AND LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM, PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS.
5. This Waiver and Release of Claims constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between Participant and the Released Parties, and cancels, terminates and supersedes any prior agreement or understanding relating to the subject matter hereof. There are no representations, promises, agreements, warranties, covenants, or undertakings other than those contained in this Waiver and Release of Claims.
6. None of the provisions of this Waiver and Release of Claims can be waived or modified except expressly in writing signed by Participant and the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced. Failure of any of the Released Parties to enforce any of their rights hereunder at any time shall not act as a waiver to enforce their rights under this Waiver and Release for same or similar acts at any subsequent time.
Do I need to purchase tickets in advance?
To maximize your chances of getting the day, time, and number of tickets you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, AMEX, or MasterCard from our website or by calling. Cash and/or walk-up traffic the day of the tours are not accepted.
How much food is served during the tour?
There are 5-6 stops on our tours where you will enjoy a generous serving of food. For most people there is more than enough food that lunch before or after the tour is not necessary. Come hungry!
Do we only walk around and sample food?
Absolutely not! Our tours combine architectural commentary, historical facts, local culture and culinary insight into a unique 3-hour experience. Imagine walking through Boston eating our local artisans most delicious foods while learning the neighborhoods from real locals.
Are beverages served on the tour?
Water is provided at some of our stops or feel free to bring your own. There are also opportunities to purchase beverages during the tour.
Does the tour have anything to offer a native Bostonian?
Definitely! Many of our attendees live right here in Boston. Locals often attend to learn about the neighborhood and the city in which they live as well as visiting food establishments they may have never tried. We think locals will find our food tours to be a fun and novel alternative to the usual leisurely lunch, and locals just might find a few new favorite haunts along the way.
What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?
Please let us know if anyone in your group has a dietary restriction when purchasing your tickets. As long as we know well in advance, we can often accommodate your needs. If we do not find out about your dietary restrictions until the day of the tour, it is usually impossible for us to accommodate your needs. Additionally, there are some foods on the tour that are very difficult to replace depending on the shop or restaurant. At these stops, you may not be able to participate in the food portion of the stop, depending on your specific dietary restriction. We will always do our best to accommodate each person’s needs. Please contact before booking if you would like to confirm ahead of time whether or not your dietary restriction can be accommodated.
Please note that none of our tours are gluten free or dairy free.
Is there parking available?
Parking is difficult to find and expensive in Boston. Specific directions for each tour including parking information is included when you purchase tickets. We recommend taking public transportation into the city when possible.
Are children allowed?
Our tours have been developed for food and history lovers. In our vast touring experience we have found that younger children might be indifferent, fidgety and may not fully appreciate our tours. More importantly, their disinterest could interfere with the exciting experience which Yummy Walks has carefully crafted for you. Whether to bring your child or not is ultimately up to your discretion, but please note that all children, regardless of age, need a paid ticket. We do offer a discounted rate for children ages 12 and under. Please also note that strollers are not permitted on the tour, due to the many narrow sidewalks that we walk on, the uneven cobble stone streets that we cross, and the very small shops that we visit. If you have further questions pertaining to tickets for children, please contact us.
If a food tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
We do not provide a waiting list. If a date and time is sold out, there is always a good chance that we will add an additional tour on that day. Please email us to let us know what date you are interested in if you do not see availability.
What should I bring with me?
You should bring with you a camera and a small bottle of water. When it’s really hot out, we recommend an application of sunscreen on exposed parts of the body and a lightweight pair of sunglasses. During the cooler seasons it’s important to wear and an extra layer of clothing and consider bringing gloves and a scarf as Boston can get cold. If it looks like rain bring your umbrella.
Do I need to tip?
Gratuities are greatly appreciated, although not mandatory. The standard gratuity in the service industry is 15%-20%.
Are bathrooms available during the tour?
Yes, bathrooms are available during the tour at selected food-tasting locations.
What do we do in case of bad weather?
The tours are held rain, shine, or snow. In the event of inclement weather, we will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. However, we advise to check the weather conditions for your days event and dress appropriately.
Are tours handicap accessible?
Unfortunately, wheelchairs are not recommended on our tours. Strollers are not permitted due to the many narrow sidewalks we walk on, the uneven cobblestone streets we cross, certain staircases we use when entering establishments, and the very small shops that we visit. If you have further questions, please contact us by by visiting our contact page.
Does the tour come in other languages?
At this time, we offer private tours for groups of 10 or more in German, Italian, Spanish and French. Our regular scheduled tours are offered only in English.
Do you support corporate, or private events?
We absolutely do! We can accommodate a variety of special requests (family reunions, Birthday parties, out of town guests, corporate, conventions, festivals, bridal events, and more).